Plenty of Penguins-企鹅的故事
名称:Plenty of Penguins-企鹅的故事
内容简介:
What’s black and white and cute as can be?什么东西有黑有白,很是可爱?
A penguin. That’s me.是企鹅,那就是我。
Do you want to meet my family?你想见见我的家人吗?
Penguins are big.有的企鹅个子大。
And penguins are small.有的企鹅个子小。
We have sharp, pointy feathers.我们有尖尖的羽毛,
But that’s not all…但是,还不止这些呢……
We can have stripes… or spots here and there.我们身上可能会有条纹或是斑点。
Long, bushy brows… or spiky hair.我们也会有长长的、浓密的眉毛或是尖尖的头发。
There are even gright colors that some of us share.
有些企鹅的身上甚至还长着鲜艳的羽毛。
I live at the South Pole.我住在南极,
It is covered with ice, ice, ice.那里到处都被冰雪覆盖着。
I think ice is very nice.我觉得冰块太棒了。
We have homes in other places, too –我们在别的地方也有家——
South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and Peru.
南非、新西兰、澳大利亚和秘鲁(都有我们的家)。
We cannot fly up, up, up, and away.我们飞不高也飞不远。
That is stange for a bird, wouldn’t you say?你一定会说:这种鸟可真奇怪!
We waddle and hop and have lots of fun.
我们走起路来摇摇摆摆,还一跳一跳的。我们的生活很有趣。
We swim. And we dive down deep, one by one.我们游泳,一个接一个地跳进水里,扎得很深。
We find many little fish, squid, and shrimp to eat.我们捉很多小鱼、鱿鱼和小虾来吃。
They are mmm, mmm good.Yum, Yum – what a treat!嗯……真好吃——简直太棒了!
But we have to watch out.不过我们得小心。
We might become meals for killer whales and leopard seals.
因为我们很有可能成为逆戟鲸和豹形海豹得美餐。
On land we live in great, big groups called colonies.
在陆地上,我们有很多企鹅成群地生活在一起,这叫做群落。
They are also know as rookeries.我们住的地方也叫做群居地。
We make nests. We rest.我们自己筑巢,栖息在那里。
We lay eggs. We keep them warm.我们产蛋,之后开始孵蛋。
We watch, and we wait, and we keep them from harm until…
我们看着它们,等待它们,保护它们,不让它们受到伤害,直到……
The eggs hatch!小企鹅孵了出来!
Hooray! Hooray!太棒了!太棒了!
New baby penguin chicks are here to stay.我们的企鹅宝宝出生了!